Meet Swedish photographer Frida Lenholm. She is shooting a lot of editorial photography and often portraits. To get a good idea of Fridas style of photography, please check out her website fridalenholm.com and of course read this interview!
Where are you from?
How long have you been into photography?
– I started my own company in 2006. But i have been interested in photography since high school.
Do you prefer studio or location sessions?
– Location sessions.
What is your dream assignment?
– I just started photographing food and love it so a dream job would be to make a photo book. Preferably vegetarian.
What other photograpers inspires you?
– Nan Goldin is my favorite photographer. Her images are intimate and filled with emotions. I love her book ”The ballad of sexual dependency”. Lars Tunbjörk is another fantastic documentary photographer.
What is your favorite piece of photo equipment?
Canon EOS 5D Mark II/Mark III
Canon EF 24-70/2.8L
EF 85mm f/1,4L
What is the most overrated photo equipment in general?
Mobile phones 😉 — they are not good enough simply.
What is the most common beginners mistakes when it comes to lighting?
– The photographer places the object in too bright sunlight so that the object has to pee with eyes. If the sunlight is too strong i always place my object in the shade. Another beginner mistake is not to overexpose if the main motif is placed in backlight.
What is your worst photo experience?
– A cold and rainy november evening when i would photograph a football match. It was dark and rainy and my telephoto lens let in light. It became 1 okay picture of 500 exposures…